running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

12

running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

Souha Rayana

Hello,
I tried to install ns2.29. when I enter "ns" command, % is displayed, so it
is ok.
then, I tried to add the mannasim framework (for sensor networks) by
modifiying some files in the ns main folder.
while re-running configuration script, the above message is displayed.

Your answers would be very helful for me!

Suha

checking if C++ libraries work with namespace std... yes
checking if STL works without any namespace... no
checking if STL works with namespace std... yes
checking should use STL... yes
checking for tcl.h... -I../include
checking for libtcl8.4... -L../lib -ltcl8.4
checking for init.tcl... ../lib/tcl8.4
checking for tclsh8.4.11... no
checking for tclsh8.4... ../bin/tclsh8.4
checking for tk.h... -I../include
checking for libtk8.4... -L../lib -ltk8.4
checking for tk.tcl... ../lib/tk8.4
checking for otcl.h... -I../otcl-1.11
checking for libotcl1.11... -L../otcl-1.11 -lotcl
checking for tclcl.h... -I../tclcl-1.17
checking for libtclcl... no
checking for tcl2c++... ../tclcl-1.17
configure: error: Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found
automatically.
Please correct the problem by telling configure where tclcl is
using the argument --with-tclcl=/path/to/package
(perhaps after installing it),
or the package is not required, disable it with --with-tclcl=no.
[root@localhost ns-2.29]#

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

Souha Rayana

Thank you very much,

I have already installed ns-2.34. It was easier. But , the wireless sensor
networks module is named mannasim-2.29. I was told that it works only with
ns-2.29. But I am still not sure about the information.

I am waiting confirmation because installation of mannasim on ns-2.34 didn't
work. I want to know if it is a matter of compatibility or a technical
mistake.

Thanks

Suha

2010/2/16 Hari Prabhat Gupta <[hidden email]>

> hi,
> use ns2.33 in place of ns2.2X.
>
> hariprabhat
> iit guwahati
> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:06:56 +0530 wrote
> >

> Hello,
>
> I tried to install ns2.29. when I enter "ns" command, % is displayed, so it
>
> is ok.
>
> then, I tried to add the mannasim framework (for sensor networks) by
>
> modifiying some files in the ns main folder.
>
> while re-running configuration script, the above message is displayed.
>

> Your answers would be very helful for me!

> Regards,
>
> Suha
>

> checking if C++ libraries work with namespace std... yes
>
> checking if STL works without any namespace... no
>
> checking if STL works with namespace std... yes
>
> checking should use STL... yes
>
> checking for tcl.h... -I../include
>
> checking for libtcl8.4... -L../lib -ltcl8.4
>
> checking for init.tcl... ../lib/tcl8.4
>
> checking for tclsh8.4.11... no
>
> checking for tclsh8.4... ../bin/tclsh8.4
>
> checking for tk.h... -I../include
>
> checking for libtk8.4... -L../lib -ltk8.4
>
> checking for tk.tcl... ../lib/tk8.4
>
> checking for otcl.h... -I../otcl-1.11
>
> checking for libotcl1.11... -L../otcl-1.11 -lotcl
>
> checking for tclcl.h... -I../tclcl-1.17
>
> checking for libtclcl... no
>
> checking for tcl2c++... ../tclcl-1.17
>
> configure: error: Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found
>
> automatically.
>
> Please correct the problem by telling configure where tclcl is
>
> using the argument --with-tclcl=/path/to/package
>
> (perhaps after installing it),
>
> or the package is not required, disable it with --with-tclcl=no.
>
> [root@localhost ns-2.29]#
>

> <http://sigads.rediff.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/www.rediffmail.com/signatureline.htm@Middle?>

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

faza2004
hi,

I have the same problem, so please tell me if you could fix it.

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

knudfl
> @faza2004
> ... same problem ..

Please tell what you are trying to do.
Is it mannasim ? Which version of ns-allinone-2.xx ?
.. And please specify your Linux OS :
a) The reply from the command $ uname -m <Enter>
b) The OS name and version.

** Mannasim info http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/tags/mannasim/

-

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

faza2004
hi,
thanks for the prompt respond,
I am trying to install Mannasim on ns2.29.
the main OS of my laptop is windows7, but I have linux using Virtual box too,
ns2.29 was installed on Ubuntu11.10 before and now I am trying to add mannasim.
I've done the procedure below:

Substitue ns-2.29 files listed bellow by it's MannaSim version stored in ns-modified-files/ folder in mannasim/ directory.

    ns-2.29/apps/udp.cc
    ns-2.29/common/ns-process.h
    ns-2.29/common/packet.cc
    ns-2.29/common/packet.h
    ns-2.29/mac/mac-802_11.cc
    ns-2.29/tcl/lib/ns-lib.tcl
    ns-2.29/tcl/lib/ns-default.tcl
    ns-2.29/Makefile.in

In ns-2.29 main folder re-run configuration script and then re-compile the system:

   ./configure
   ./make

but when I,ve tried to do configuration in ns-2.29 main folder I got an error
" Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically ",

I have tclcl1.17 in ns-allinone2.29 folder but there is no Library folder

I would be grateful if you could help me solving this problem.

Best,

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

knudfl
> @faza2004 , Feb 04, 2014
> ?

Well, then be sure to read http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/tags/mannasim/
... and use the proof patch "mannasim-patched-ns229.tar.bz2", post #16 here ..
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/help-ns2-29-installation-on-ubuntu-10-04-a-4175458207/page2.html

Building ns-allinone-2.29.3 / mannasim in Ubuntu 11.10 - 32bits (i686) :
a) $ tar xvf ns-allinone-2.29.3.tar.gz
b) $ cd ns-allinone-2.29/ && tar xvf mannasim-patched-ns229.tar.bz2
c) $ export CC=gcc41 CXX=g++-41 && ./install

Getting the compilers gcc41 / g++41 for Ubuntu 11.10, post #62 here ..
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/ns2-some-validation-tests-failed-732164/page5.html
→ $ sudo dpkg -i gcc41-compat-4.1.2.ubu1110_i386.deb g++41-compat-4.1.2_i386.deb

-

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

knudfl
> my above post
> c) $ export CC=gcc41 CXX=g++........

Sorry, I have a typo.
Must be (c) $ export CC=gcc41 CXX=g++41 && ./install

-

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

faza2004
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

knudfl
>  faza2004
> cp: cannot create regular file `/home/baran/ns-allinone-2.29/lib/#inst.5697#': Permission denied

Looks like you have unpacked the "ns-allinone-2.29.3.tar.gz" with 'sudo'.
Please do all ns2 commands as unprivileged user  (except 'make install') :
$ tar xvf  ns-allinone-2.29.3.tar.gz
..... or you will have limited access to the files : "Permission denied".

Suggest : Delete "ns-allinone-2.29/" , and start from scratch.

-

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

knudfl
> @ faza2004
> " sudo apt-get install g++-4.1 "

! There is no 'g++-4.1' to be installed with apt. (That's Ubuntu 10.04 and earlier.)

Read the above posts ! The install command is :
sudo dpkg -i gcc41-compat-4.1.2.ubu1110_i386.deb g++41-compat-4.1.2_i386.deb

-

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

knudfl
> faza2004
> list.h: No such file or directory

** Probably reinstall "gcc41-compat-4.1.2.ubu1110_i386.deb".
The fact is, I get no errors at all with mannasim / ns-2.29.3 .

Are you sure that your OS is 32bits (i686) ?
? You didn't answer to my first question / first post to you ? :
→ The reply from the command $ uname -m <Enter>

mannasim examples http://www.nsnam.com/2013_06_01_archive.html
→ mannasim-rede-plana.tcl , mannasim-rede-hierarquica.tcl .
( Both files are working OK here with the 32bits Ubuntu 11.10 / mannasim.)

Other option : There is also an "ns2.35-mannasim.patch".
And "ns-allinone-2.35-mannasim-patched.tar.gz".

-

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

knudfl
> @ faza2004

From your previous post > ""fatal error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory"".

When you can forget to install the X libraries, may be you didn't install all the ns2 prerequisites ?
They are : $ sudo apt-get install g++ autoconf automake libtool patch libxmu-dev xgraph

-

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

faza2004
hello again,

I am really appreciating your patience,

I've done "  $ sudo apt-get install g++ autoconf automake libtool patch libxmu-dev xgraph " , but the last error is not removed.

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

knudfl
>  faza2004
> make: g++-41: Command not found

"make: g++-41: Command not found" : You have a typo in the "export command" :
It's g++41 , not g++-41
I.e.  $ export CC=gcc41 CXX=g++41 && ./install

-

Re: running configuration..Installation of tclcl seems incomplete or can't be found automatically.

faza2004
such a careless girl I am

I finally install NS2.29 successfuly,thank you so much.
But now when I am trying to simulate any tcl file, it's nam and trace files are empty.
what is going wrong?

Best,
12