remembering Sally Floyd

Tom Henderson-2
Sally Floyd, an ns-3 project co-founder, has passed away.  Sally was one
of the lead researchers involved in the VINT project that developed ns-2
in the late 1990s, and her work on ns-2 TCP and RED models was
renowned.  When we organized the ns-3 project, Sally was very supportive
and helped us to obtain the initial NSF grant to fund the formative
development on ns-3.  She retired professionally soon after ns-3
development was underway, but her work and ideas from ns-2 carried
through to ns-3.

I was fortunate to be able to work with her on ns-2 and TCP during my
time at Berkeley; she was very helpful to me as a graduate student, and
taught me a lot about research and simulation.  I often remark to others
that I enjoy open source software because of the people I get to work
with, and Sally was exemplary in this regard.

- Tom