ns-3 GSoC students announced

Tom Henderson-2
We're pleased to announce that we have been awarded and have selected
five student projects for the 2017 edition of Google Summer of Code.
The students and projects selected are:

  * Abhijith Anilkumar, "ns-3 App Store," mentored by Tom Henderson
  * Shravya K.S., "Framework for TCP Prague simulations in ns-3,"
    mentored by Mohit Tahiliani
  * Alexander Krotov, "Enabling LTE CA handover to secondary cell,"
    mentored by Biljana Bojovic
  * Manoj Kumar Rana, "Mobile IPv6 Implementation with LTE support,"
    mentored by Tommaso Pecorella
  * Surya Seetharaman, "Implementation of Token Bucket Filter and
    Heavy-Hitter Filter in ns-3," mentored by Stefano Avallone

This year's application process was especially competitive, as 17
applicants successfully completed our application, and we received more
worthy proposals than we could accommodate.  The projects selected were
those that scored the best in overall application quality, alignment
with available mentors, and open source track record including ns-3
experience.

Mentors will begin to work with students on refining their development
plans and publishing them on our wiki, and students will introduce their
project to the list sometime soon.  This year there will be three
(instead of two) review cycles for student projects, so please support
our students by participating in reviews when the time comes.

- Tom