ns-3.31 released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ns-3.31 released

Tom Henderson-2
I have posted the ns-3.31 release, available from the usual location:

https://www.nsnam.org/releases/ns-3-31/

This release is due to the work of 48 contributors, listed on the
Authors page at the above link.  The summary page describes the various
additions, including the 3GPP TR 38.901 channel and antenna models, Data
Center TCP, a buildings-aware random walk model, significant
improvements to the wifi module, ECN support and a Set-associative hash
for FQ-CoDel model, and others.  The release also contains extensive
small improvements listed in the release notes linked above.

- Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ns-3.31 released

Martin Quinson
Hello all,

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:14:06PM -0700, Tom Henderson wrote:
> I have posted the ns-3.31 release, available from the usual location:
>
> https://www.nsnam.org/releases/ns-3-31/

I uploaded this version of ns-3 to the Debian servers, but it seem to
have a portability issue on 32bits architectures.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ns3

(scroll the page to have the last lines of each failed build, or click
 on the "Build attempted" red areas for detailed logs)
 
The grayed architecture (alpha and below) are not that important, but
the package will be removed from testing if breaks on any of the white
ones (until s390) unless I modify the package to say that this is a
choice. So, did you guys decide to drop the support of 32bits
architectures, or is it something that you are willing to fix?

I have very few time right now, so if someone wants to jump in and
investiguate to prepare a patch, I'd really appreciate it :)


Beside of this, thanks for this release, that brings a large amount of
improvements. I happen to use the wifi module right now, and your work
is helpful.

Bye, Mt.

--
Outlook is a nice virus spreading tool. Some report it as able to send mails.

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ns-3.31 released

Tom Henderson-2
Hi Martin, inline below

On 7/24/20 12:13 AM, Martin Quinson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:14:06PM -0700, Tom Henderson wrote:
>> I have posted the ns-3.31 release, available from the usual location:
>>
>> https://www.nsnam.org/releases/ns-3-31/
>
> I uploaded this version of ns-3 to the Debian servers, but it seem to
> have a portability issue on 32bits architectures.
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ns3
>
> (scroll the page to have the last lines of each failed build, or click
>   on the "Build attempted" red areas for detailed logs)
>  
> The grayed architecture (alpha and below) are not that important, but
> the package will be removed from testing if breaks on any of the white
> ones (until s390) unless I modify the package to say that this is a
> choice. So, did you guys decide to drop the support of 32bits
> architectures, or is it something that you are willing to fix?
>
> I have very few time right now, so if someone wants to jump in and
> investiguate to prepare a patch, I'd really appreciate it :)

we stopped testing it a while back when it seemed that there were no
users for it (I believe I asked on our users forum at some point).

I can take a look at some point and see if it is easy to bring back, but
if not, I would propose that you mark it as a conscious choice.  Perhaps
we can ask again here if anyone sees value in supporting 32 bits?

>
>
> Beside of this, thanks for this release, that brings a large amount of
> improvements. I happen to use the wifi module right now, and your work
> is helpful.
>

Thanks for the feedback and for noting the amount of work that has
recently gone into the wifi module.

- Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ns-3.31 released

Natale Patriciello
In reply to this post by Martin Quinson
On 24/07/20 at 09:13am, Martin Quinson wrote:
> (scroll the page to have the last lines of each failed build, or click
>  on the "Build attempted" red areas for detailed logs)
[cut]

My understanding is that all the failed builds are due to the cairo
int64x64 implementation. Can you try compile with --int64x64=double when
configuring the package? This reduces the precision, but should compile.


Thanks!

Nat
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ns-3.31 released

Barnes, Peter D.
In reply to this post by Martin Quinson
Looks like Ryan’s patch e5a8cf811 just missed 3.31.

P

On Jul 24, 2020, at 12:13 AM, Martin Quinson <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hello all,

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:14:06PM -0700, Tom Henderson wrote:
I have posted the ns-3.31 release, available from the usual location:

https://www.nsnam.org/releases/ns-3-31/

I uploaded this version of ns-3 to the Debian servers, but it seem to
have a portability issue on 32bits architectures.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ns3

(scroll the page to have the last lines of each failed build, or click
on the "Build attempted" red areas for detailed logs)

The grayed architecture (alpha and below) are not that important, but
the package will be removed from testing if breaks on any of the white
ones (until s390) unless I modify the package to say that this is a
choice. So, did you guys decide to drop the support of 32bits
architectures, or is it something that you are willing to fix?

I have very few time right now, so if someone wants to jump in and
investiguate to prepare a patch, I'd really appreciate it :)


Beside of this, thanks for this release, that brings a large amount of
improvements. I happen to use the wifi module right now, and your work
is helpful.

Bye, Mt.

--
Outlook is a nice virus spreading tool. Some report it as able to send mails.

_____________________________________________________________
Dr. Peter D. Barnes, Jr. CASC Division, B451 R2035
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Computation Directorate
7000 East Avenue, L-561 email:  [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
P. O. Box 808 Voice:  (925) 422-3384
Livermore, California 94550



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ns-3.31 issue on 32 bits

Martin Quinson
Hello,

I cherry-picked that commit in a new version of the package, that is
currently building on the servers. It built successfully on i386
already, the others are still ongoing.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ns3

Thanks, Mt.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 02:42:41PM +0000, Barnes, Peter D. wrote:
> Looks like Ryan’s patch e5a8cf811 just missed 3.31.
>
> On Jul 24, 2020, at 12:13 AM, Martin Quinson <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
[..]
> > I uploaded this version of ns-3 to the Debian servers, but it seem to have a portability issue on 32bits architectures.
>
>

--
GNU/Linux is switching to SystemD. GNU's acronym is now appropriate.


signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment