Week 1 update: GSoC Project on TCP Prague

Week 1 update: GSoC Project on TCP Prague

Shravya Ks
Hello everyone,

This is the weekly update regarding my GSoC project.

Work done in the previous week :
- Read the documentation of DCTCP and it's Linux code.
- Designed an architecture to implement it in ns-3.
- Initialized the project repository with ECN patch applied on ns-3-dev.

Work planned for next week :
- Finish the model implementation of DCTCP
- Design the test cases and examples for validation of the model.

The code progress can be tracked in the Github repository.
https://github.com/shravya-ks/ns-3-tcp-prague

Please let me know if there re any corrections.

Regards,
Shravya

Re: Week 1 update: GSoC Project on TCP Prague

Shravya Ks
Hello Everyone,

This is the Week 2 update for TCP Prague Project.

Work done in the past week:
- Finished coding .cc and .h files for DCTCP
- Ran it with a modified version of red-tests
- Designed and implemented the test suite for DCTCP

I have noticed that there was a bug with respect to cwnd event patch and I
am discussing with Ankit, who designed it, to fix it. Bug was that the
function cwnd was always being called with CA_EVENT_NON_DELAYED_ACK  and
CA_EVENT_DELAYED_ACK was never called.

Work Planned for this week:
- Bug to be addressed
- Design a customised example for DCTCP