Verbose simulation errors

Marco Fiore

Hi,

some days ago (probably after a recompile, but I am not sure about
that),
my installation of ns-2 became 'mute' in presence of errors.
That is, previously it exited saying 'Segmentation fault', or printing
something
like (just an example!):
 (_o38 cmd line 1)
    invoked from within
"_o38 cmd set-datarate 11Mb"
    invoked from within
"catch "$self cmd $args" ret"
    invoked from
within
"if [catch "$self cmd $args" ret] {
set cls [$self info class]
global errorInfo
set savedInfo $errorInfo
error "error when calling
class $cls: $args" $..."
    (procedure "_o38" line 2)
    (SplitObject
unknown line 2)
    invoked from within
"[$BS(0) set mac_(0)] set-
datarate $opt(datarate)"
    (file "main.tcl" line 193)

Now, it simply exits without printing any info on the possible cause
of the error! I did not change the Makefile, nor I added strange
compilation flags...
I do not understand how I can turn ns-2 exiting to
a 'verbose' mode
again, so that information on the cause of the error
are shown again
when simulation stops. Does anyone knows the reason and
the solution?

Any help is appreciated!

Marco