Two way communication through base station problem.

Two way communication through base station problem.

Varrian Hall

Hello,
    My scenario is similar to wireless2.tcl where a wired node communicates
to wireless nodes via a base station(BS).  I'm using a UDPmm agent, a
slightly modified udp for multimedia, that's attached to both source(wired
node) and destination(wireless node).  The problem is when (1) sending back
an ack or (2) sending a source packet originating from wireless end, it
never makes it back to the wired end through the base-station(BS) when
tracing through the agent code upd-mm.cc.  Wired end UDPmm::sendmsg sends,
wireless end UDPmm:recv receives the msg then sends back an ack via
target_->recv; however target_-> recv is CMUTrace::recv instead of the wired
end UDPmm::recv.  Since the information I need in the ack or other pkt
originating from the mobile node, never comes back to wired node's
UDPmm::recv, I can't accomplish my goal of optimal bandwidth utilization
using the application code referenced in UDPmm::recv by app_->recv_msg which
would be MmApp::recv_msg or MmCache::recv_msg.  This same outcome occurs
when the source packet starts at the wireless end:  the trace file(via
CMUTrace::recv) shows its arrival, however, UDPmm::recv never gets the
packet via the BS.
    The key observation is packets going through the BS from the wireless
end never make it to the other end's agent(UDPmm::recv), instead it's
implied in the trace file.  Does someone know how to reroute this so that my
application can get the response via it's agent.

thanks,
    Varrian Hall
    MCS Grad Student
    Texas A&M University