Status of the 3GPP Channel model integration

Status of the 3GPP Channel model integration

Natale Patriciello

Hello everyone,

Months after the GSoC ends, and after many (many) rounds of reviews, I
would like to include Tommaso's work on 3GPP channel model in the
mainline before the GSoC mentors summit that will start this Thursday.

The code is here

https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/merge_requests/72

and here

https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/merge_requests/90

From a formal point of view, the student has passed the evaluation
process based on the code that he submitted 2 months ago; from a
technical point of view, the code has been under scrutiny and reviewed
by at least 5 people (from what I can see from the Gitlab interface)
after the finishing of GSoC.

More development is welcome, but it should be done inside the tree, not
outside.

By the way, this

https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/issues/80

is a pre-requisite, and has been solved by Zoraze; it will be merged
as well.

Thank you

Natale

Re: Status of the 3GPP Channel model integration

Tom Henderson-2
On 10/14/19 3:48 AM, Natale Patriciello wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Months after the GSoC ends, and after many (many) rounds of reviews, I
> would like to include Tommaso's work on 3GPP channel model in the
> mainline before the GSoC mentors summit that will start this Thursday.
>
> The code is here
>
> https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/merge_requests/72
>
> and here
>
> https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/merge_requests/90
>
>  From a formal point of view, the student has passed the evaluation
> process based on the code that he submitted 2 months ago; from a
> technical point of view, the code has been under scrutiny and reviewed
> by at least 5 people (from what I can see from the Gitlab interface)
> after the finishing of GSoC.
>
> More development is welcome, but it should be done inside the tree, not
> outside.
>
> By the way, this
>
> https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/issues/80
>
> is a pre-requisite, and has been solved by Zoraze; it will be merged
> as well.

Natale, thanks for pushing to get this merged.  I have left a number of
comments through a final review of both merge requests.  Most of them
relate to documentation and some naming issues.  If you and Tommaso can
commit to handling the comments that cannot be trivially addressed
sometime over the next few weeks, then please gather these unresolved
comments and put them into an issue in the tracker.

- Tom