Static analysis result on ns-3-dev

Natale Patriciello

Hello,

I've run the static analyzer on the latest ns-3-dev. You can find the
result here:

http://netlab.ing.unimo.it/ns3/html-dir/2017-02-15-112405-14383-1/

Just 35 errors, a lot less than the previous run three months ago. Can
we make an effor to fix them before the next release ?

Thanks
Nat

Re: Static analysis result on ns-3-dev

sebastien.deronne@gmail.com
Hi Natale,

Thanks.
I'll have a look at the wifi issues later today.

Kind regards,
Sébastien.

:

> Hello,
>
> I've run the static analyzer on the latest ns-3-dev. You can find the
> result here:
>
> http://netlab.ing.unimo.it/ns3/html-dir/2017-02-15-112405-14383-1/
>
> Just 35 errors, a lot less than the previous run three months ago. Can
> we make an effor to fix them before the next release ?
>
> Thanks
> Nat

Re: Static analysis result on ns-3-dev

Martin Quinson
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:04:25PM +0100, Natale Patriciello wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've run the static analyzer on the latest ns-3-dev. You can find the
> result here:
>
> http://netlab.ing.unimo.it/ns3/html-dir/2017-02-15-112405-14383-1/
>
> Just 35 errors, a lot less than the previous run three months ago. Can
> we make an effor to fix them before the next release ?
Hello,

also, since ns3 is an open-source software, you could use the
sonarqube infrastructure for free. It's a bit of work (and you should
push your changes to github in addition to their usual location), but
that's fully feasible. We did so for SimGrid and it already helped us
to find some real bugs:

https://sonarqube.com/overview?id=simgrid

Bye, Mt.

--
Freedom is not free.

Re: Static analysis result on ns-3-dev

Tommaso Pecorella
Hi Martin,

thanks for the suggestion. As a matter of fact we have a git repository (a mirror of the main mercurial one).

Cheers,

T.

> On 15 Feb 2017, at 16:55, Martin Quinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:04:25PM +0100, Natale Patriciello wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've run the static analyzer on the latest ns-3-dev. You can find the
>> result here:
>>
>> http://netlab.ing.unimo.it/ns3/html-dir/2017-02-15-112405-14383-1/
>>
>> Just 35 errors, a lot less than the previous run three months ago. Can
>> we make an effor to fix them before the next release ?
>
> Hello,
>
> also, since ns3 is an open-source software, you could use the
> sonarqube infrastructure for free. It's a bit of work (and you should
> push your changes to github in addition to their usual location), but
> that's fully feasible. We did so for SimGrid and it already helped us
> to find some real bugs:
>
> https://sonarqube.com/overview?id=simgrid
>
> Bye, Mt.
>
> --
> Freedom is not free.
*** My POTS number is changed. Please update your records. ***

$25: for you a pizza and some beers with friends, for someone
     might change their lives. Think about it.

Kiva.org - Loans That Change Lives

Tommaso Pecorella - Ph.D.

Assistant professor
Dpt. Ingegneria dell'Informazione
Università di Firenze

CNIT - Università di Firenze Unit

via di S. Marta 3
50139, Firenze
ITALY

email: [hidden email]
       [hidden email]

phone : +39-055-2758540
mobile: +39-320-4379803
fax   : +39-055-2758570

On 02/15/2017 03:04 AM, Natale Patriciello wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've run the static analyzer on the latest ns-3-dev. You can find the
> result here:
>
> http://netlab.ing.unimo.it/ns3/html-dir/2017-02-15-112405-14383-1/
>
> Just 35 errors, a lot less than the previous run three months ago. Can
> we make an effor to fix them before the next release ?
>
> Thanks
> Nat

Thanks Nat, I agree that we should fix these (many are already in the
tracker) and also try to get to zero Doxygen warnings, which now seems
within reach thanks to all of Robert Ammon's patches.

Re: Static analysis result on ns-3-dev

Tommaso Pecorella
Hi,

I pushed some fixes for energy, network, olsr and dsr. I’m not 100% sure that one of the OLSR fixes is silencing the warning, but it was (indeed) a potential bug.
Internet ones are already fixed.

T.

> On 16 Feb 2017, at 07:16, Tom Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 02/15/2017 03:04 AM, Natale Patriciello wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've run the static analyzer on the latest ns-3-dev. You can find the
>> result here:
>>
>> http://netlab.ing.unimo.it/ns3/html-dir/2017-02-15-112405-14383-1/
>>
>> Just 35 errors, a lot less than the previous run three months ago. Can
>> we make an effor to fix them before the next release ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Nat
>
> Thanks Nat, I agree that we should fix these (many are already in the tracker) and also try to get to zero Doxygen warnings, which now seems within reach thanks to all of Robert Ammon's patches.
>
> - Tom

English ribs of beef cut down to 47P LB
Peek freans family assorted from 17 1/2P to 12P
Fairly liquid giant - slashed from 20P to 17 1/2P
Table jellys at 4P each
Bird’s eye dairy cream sponge on offer this week.

On 17/02/17 at 12:34, Tommaso Pecorella wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I pushed some fixes for energy, network, olsr and dsr. I’m not 100% sure that one of the OLSR fixes is silencing the warning, but it was (indeed) a potential bug.
> Internet ones are already fixed.
>
> T.

Thanks Tommaso,

the current situation is this:

http://netlab.ing.unimo.it/ns3/html-dir/2017-02-17-091822-6792-1/index.html

Nat

Re: Static analysis result on ns-3-dev

Biljana Bojović
Hi,

thanks to Natale for the SA report. I pushed fixes for lte. Please, let
me know once that updated report is available.

Thanks,

Biljana