SOCIS 2017 week 2 report

Pasquale Imputato
Hi everyone,

this is the weekly update about the SOCIS project.

During the week 2, I have

- implemented the method to switch the emulated interface in netmap mode;
- implemented a write method to copy a packet in the netmap transmission
ring;
- introduced an example to ping a real host through a real interface in
netmap emulated mode.

During the week 3, I plan to implement the read function, test the code
with the introduced example and to improve code and documentation.

Thanks,

Pasquale Imputato

Re: SOCIS 2017 week 2 report

Tom Henderson-2
On 08/01/2017 12:39 AM, Pasquale Imputato wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> this is the weekly update about the SOCIS project.

Pasquale, I could not find a project description posted on your SOCIS
page; the wiki link leads to the github repo page instead.  Is there a
wiki with this information?  If not, could you please post one?

In particular, I would like to understand better the eventual
deliverables (what example or benchmarking programs are planned, what
tests are planned?).

Thanks,
Tom

Re: SOCIS 2017 week 2 report

Pasquale Imputato
Hi Tom,

thanks for your questions.
I improved the approach description and the deliverables description in the
ns-3 wiki page.
Also, I provided an external wiki on the github repository on how to
install netmap and how to use the netmap emulation features in ns-3.

Any suggestions are more than welcomed,

Thanks,

Pasquale Imputato