Request for guidance with ns3 project contribution

Request for guidance with ns3 project contribution

Charu Bansal
Hi,

I have completed reading the ns3 tutorial and worked out the examples
listed therein. I am planning to participate in GSoC this year, and
contribute to the ns3 organization.

I wanted to know if the next thing I should do is find a project from this
<https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Project_Ideas> link and begin coordinating with
the project mentor? Or shall I directly jump to the projects listed in the
nsnam's GSoC list of projects this year? Or is there some other path I need
to follow to be able to make a significant contribution?

Please help me with this. I'll be really grateful.

Regards,
Charu
Undergrad, Computer Science and Engineering

Re: Request for guidance with ns3 project contribution

Tom Henderson-2
On 03/09/2017 08:30 PM, Charu Bansal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have completed reading the ns3 tutorial and worked out the examples
> listed therein. I am planning to participate in GSoC this year, and
> contribute to the ns3 organization.
>
> I wanted to know if the next thing I should do is find a project from this
> <https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Project_Ideas> link and begin coordinating with
> the project mentor? Or shall I directly jump to the projects listed in the
> nsnam's GSoC list of projects this year? Or is there some other path I need
> to follow to be able to make a significant contribution?
>
> Please help me with this. I'll be really grateful.

Charu, the first link has some project ideas that could be suitable but
also some that are probably too small for a GSoC project.  That link
hasn't been updated for a while (it seems to be rarely consulted).

I would recommend that unless you have a strong desire to develop
something listed on the first page, that you focus on projects listed on
the 2017 GSoC suggested projects page.

- Tom