Request for guidance to contribute in development of Network Simulator 3

Request for guidance to contribute in development of Network Simulator 3

Rajat Shinde
Hello,
My name is Rajat and I am a Master's student from India. I am highly
influenced by the project ideas of Network Simulator-3. I had used Network
Simulator-3 for simulation purpose in a project of Vehicular Ad-hoc
Networks (VANET). VANET is a sub-branch of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN).
The project included development of an information table (*i*-table) based
algorithm to mitigate broadcast problem.

Now, I would love to contribute in development of Network Simulator-3. I
will be highly grateful to receive guidance in moving forward.

Thanks and regards,
Rajat Shinde

PS: Please go through the below link for further information on the
mentioned project.
Information Table based Decision Approach for Broadcast Storm Suppression
in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks
<http://www.ijert.org/view-pdf/15144/information-table-based-decision-approach-for-broadcast-storm-suppression-in-vehicular-ad-hoc-networks>

Re: Request for guidance to contribute in development of Network Simulator 3

Tom Henderson-2
On 02/27/2017 11:35 AM, Rajat Shinde wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is Rajat and I am a Master's student from India. I am highly
> influenced by the project ideas of Network Simulator-3. I had used Network
> Simulator-3 for simulation purpose in a project of Vehicular Ad-hoc
> Networks (VANET). VANET is a sub-branch of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN).
> The project included development of an information table (*i*-table) based
> algorithm to mitigate broadcast problem.
>
> Now, I would love to contribute in development of Network Simulator-3. I
> will be highly grateful to receive guidance in moving forward.

Hi Rajat, we have already identified a number of topics on our project
ideas page.  There may be more ideas added now that we have been
accepted to GSoC; however, VANET is not currently a topic suggested by a
potential mentor.

We'll be looking for the most outstanding project proposals overall, but
one of the criteria will be whether we can match the project with an
interested mentor.  In the case that you (or someone else) are
interested in something not on our ideas list, that is fine, but you
will have to explain to us in more detail what you have in mind and why
you think it would be valuable to the future users of ns-3.

Re: Request for guidance to contribute in development of Network Simulator 3

Rajat Shinde
Hello Sir,
Thank you for replying. I apologize for miscommunication in the last mail.
I was trying to post my small experience with Network Simulator-3 and WSN.
Regarding GSoC-2017, I would love to contribute in developing one
amongst *802.15.4
Bootstrap and 802.15.4 Beacon-enabled mode *ideas in particular. I will be
highly grateful to receive any guidance related to the above topics.

-Thanks and regards
Rajat Shinde

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Tom Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02/27/2017 11:35 AM, Rajat Shinde wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> My name is Rajat and I am a Master's student from India. I am highly
>> influenced by the project ideas of Network Simulator-3. I had used Network
>> Simulator-3 for simulation purpose in a project of Vehicular Ad-hoc
>> Networks (VANET). VANET is a sub-branch of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN).
>> The project included development of an information table (*i*-table) based
>> algorithm to mitigate broadcast problem.
>>
>> Now, I would love to contribute in development of Network Simulator-3. I
>> will be highly grateful to receive guidance in moving forward.
>>

> Hi Rajat, we have already identified a number of topics on our project
> ideas page.  There may be more ideas added now that we have been accepted
> to GSoC; however, VANET is not currently a topic suggested by a potential
> mentor.
>
> We'll be looking for the most outstanding project proposals overall, but
> one of the criteria will be whether we can match the project with an
> interested mentor.  In the case that you (or someone else) are interested
> in something not on our ideas list, that is fine, but you will have to
> explain to us in more detail what you have in mind and why you think it
> would be valuable to the future users of ns-3.
>
> - Tom

Re: Request for guidance to contribute in development of Network Simulator 3

Tommaso Pecorella
Hi Rajat,

what kind of guidance can we provide to you ?
Ask anything, and we’ll do our best to help you (except for writing your application, of course).

Cheers,

T.

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 06:55, Rajat Shinde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Sir,
> Thank you for replying. I apologize for miscommunication in the last mail.
> I was trying to post my small experience with Network Simulator-3 and WSN.
> Regarding GSoC-2017, I would love to contribute in developing one
> amongst *802.15.4
> Bootstrap and 802.15.4 Beacon-enabled mode *ideas in particular. I will be
> highly grateful to receive any guidance related to the above topics.
>
> -Thanks and regards
> Rajat Shinde
>

> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Tom Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 02/27/2017 11:35 AM, Rajat Shinde wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> My name is Rajat and I am a Master's student from India. I am highly
>>> influenced by the project ideas of Network Simulator-3. I had used Network
>>> Simulator-3 for simulation purpose in a project of Vehicular Ad-hoc
>>> Networks (VANET). VANET is a sub-branch of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN).
>>> The project included development of an information table (*i*-table) based
>>> algorithm to mitigate broadcast problem.
>>>
>>> Now, I would love to contribute in development of Network Simulator-3. I
>>> will be highly grateful to receive guidance in moving forward.
>>>

>> Hi Rajat, we have already identified a number of topics on our project
>> ideas page.  There may be more ideas added now that we have been accepted
>> to GSoC; however, VANET is not currently a topic suggested by a potential
>> mentor.
>>
>> We'll be looking for the most outstanding project proposals overall, but
>> one of the criteria will be whether we can match the project with an
>> interested mentor.  In the case that you (or someone else) are interested
>> in something not on our ideas list, that is fine, but you will have to
>> explain to us in more detail what you have in mind and why you think it
>> would be valuable to the future users of ns-3.
>>
>> - Tom

English ribs of beef cut down to 47P LB
Peek freans family assorted from 17 1/2P to 12P
Fairly liquid giant - slashed from 20P to 17 1/2P
Table jellys at 4P each
Bird’s eye dairy cream sponge on offer this week.

Tommaso Pecorella - Ph.D.

Assistant professor
Dpt. Ingegneria dell'Informazione
Università di Firenze

CNIT - Università di Firenze Unit

via di S. Marta 3
50139, Firenze
ITALY

email: [hidden email]
       [hidden email]

phone : +39-055-2758540
mobile: +39-320-4379803
fax   : +39-055-2758570

Re: Request for guidance to contribute in development of Network Simulator 3

Rajat Shinde
Hello Sir,
Thank you for replying. I am going through the ideas now. I will be
grateful to get your guidance in knowing about the topic. Also, I wish to
know, how shall I commence to make a proposal which will be helpful in my
development as a potential GSoC candidate for the Network Simulator-3
project. It will also help me in contributing towards the development of
the NS-3 project.

-Regards
Rajat

On 03/02/2017 08:14 AM, Rajat Shinde wrote:

> Hello Sir,
> Thank you for replying. I am going through the ideas now. I will be
> grateful to get your guidance in knowing about the topic. Also, I wish
> to know, how shall I commence to make a proposal which will be helpful
> in my development as a potential GSoC candidate for the Network
> Simulator-3 project. It will also help me in contributing towards the
> development of the NS-3 project.
>
> -Regards
> Rajat

Hi Rajat, I have updated the 'Where to begin?' section of our student
guide just now; please have a look there:

https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/GSOC2017StudentGuide#Where_to_begin

Re: Request for guidance to contribute in development of Network Simulator 3

Rajat Shinde
Hello Sir,
For sure. Thank you so much for sharing this with me.

-Regards
Rajat