GSoC 2019 (NS-3 DCN) weekly report - Finals

GSoC 2019 (NS-3 DCN) weekly report - Finals

liangcheng yu
Hi all!

It has been a wonderful experience working with NS-3 during GSoC 2019.
We have been trying to augment NS-3 to support DCN simulation practices.
During this time, we have summarized the codes into 3 MRs:

DCN scheduling: https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/merge_requests/75
Load balancing improvements:
https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/merge_requests/81
DCN environment helpers: https://gitlab.com/nsnam/ns-3-dev/merge_requests/89

The final summary report could be found at:
https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/GSOC2019DCN#Project_Summary_Report

I will continue to work on the related issues and contribute to NS-3 in
the future.

Thank you,
Liangcheng

Re: GSoC 2019 (NS-3 DCN) weekly report - Finals

dizhi zhou-3
Hi Liangcheng,

Well done!! Please remember to submit your final work to Google before the deadline.

PS: I made some comments on your MR#89. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Joe

Liangcheng

Re: GSoC 2019 (NS-3 DCN) weekly report - Finals

dizhi zhou-3
Hi Liangcheng,

Congratulations on your GSoC project! Now we are planning to merge your codes into ns-3 release.

@Tom Henderson, I've reviewed all the three merge requests added by Liangcheng. All three components have doc and test supports.
What other steps should we take before approving those MRs?

Regards,
Joe

Liangcheng

Re: GSoC 2019 (NS-3 DCN) weekly report - Finals

Tom Henderson-2
On 9/6/19 10:20 AM, dizhi zhou wrote:
> Hi Liangcheng,
>
> Congratulations on your GSoC project! Now we are planning to merge your codes into ns-3 release.
>
> @Tom Henderson, I've reviewed all the three merge requests added by Liangcheng. All three components have doc and test supports.
> What other steps should we take before approving those MRs?

I suggest that we ask Stefano and Tommaso for reviews/approvals before
merging, as the work touches code that they maintain.

- Tom