GSoC 2017 project introduction: Mobile IPv6 Implementation with LTE Support

GSoC 2017 project introduction: Mobile IPv6 Implementation with LTE Support

Manoj Rana
Hello everyone,

I am Manoj Kumar Rana, a PhD student at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, in
the School of Mobile Computing and Communication.

The goal of my project is to implement a novel MIPv6 simulation model which
can be integrated into ns-3. The project idea aims at testing the code in
different network scenarios, containing different link layer technologies
such as Wi-Fi, WiMAX and LTE. The current implementation of LTE does not
have support of IPv6 in ns-3. So, the idea of testing MIPv6 code into LTE
would follow IPv6 support implementation in LTE first and then the MIPv6
support. Thus, implementation of MIPv6 in ns-3 as the base mobility
management solution and providing LTE support within it could help the
current network researchers working on ns-3.

More information can be found on the project page:
https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/GSOC2017MobileIp.

If you have any comments, you can contact me by email.

Regards,
Manoj Kumar Rana
PhD. Scholar
Jadavpur University