GSoC 2017 project introduction: Enabling LTE CA handover to secondary cell

GSoC 2017 project introduction: Enabling LTE CA handover to secondary cell

Alexander Krotov-2
Hello everyone,

My name is Alexander Krotov. I am 1st year PhD student at Moscow
Institute of Physics and Technology [1].

The goal of my project is to implement handover in multicarrier LTE
scenarios and improve Carrier Aggregation support in LTE model.
Carrier Aggregation is supported since it was added by Danilo Abrignani
in 2015 [2], but it is impossible to reconfigure UEs during simulation
in scenarios with CA.  My primary goal is to enable handover,
so I will focus on improving architecture of eNB and UE and
interfaces between their components.

More information can be found on project page [3].

If you have any comments, you can contact me by email or via IRC [4].
You can find me on official #ns-3 channel hosted on the Freenode
network, my nickname is "ilabdsf".

Regards,
Alexander Krotov

[1] https://mipt.ru/en/
[2] https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/GSOC2015LTECA
[3] https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/GSOC2017Lte
[4] https://www.nsnam.org/developers/tools/irc/

Re: GSoC 2017 project weekly report: Enabling LTE CA handover to secondary cell

Alexander Krotov-2
This is a first weekly project update.

So far I have:
1. Replaced multiple spectrum channels with one spectrum channel for
   uplink and one for downlink.
   It is required to make it possible to reconfigure PHY from one
   frequency to another without changing channel.
2. Fixed a bug in CcHelper.
   Previously it created overlapping bands.
   Now it works correctly except for 1.4Mhz channels.
3. Fixed test suite that previosuly created two completely overlapping
   channnels. It worked as expected because channel objects were
   different, now the bug was revealed.
4. Started adding support for one CellId per CC.
   Now CellIds are passed as ComponentCarrierEnb member to RRC.

This week I plan to:
1. Actually assign different CellIds to component carriers.
2. Fix 1.4Mhz channel case in CcHelper.
3. Start moving initial UE configuration from LteHelper to RRC messages.
   At least fill RRC messages with information about secondary cells
   during first reconfiguration.
4. Check that configuration is transmitted correctly with a simple
   scenario.