GSoC 2017: Project status for 'Improvements to IPv6 protocol'

GSoC 2017: Project status for 'Improvements to IPv6 protocol'

vivek kukreja
Hello developers,

I am applying for GSoC this year as a student and i wanted to enquire whether the NS3 organisation has registered for the event.

I've been working on Mobile IPv6 for my master's thesis and i would like to contribute to IPv6 under NS3.
I also wanted to enquire about the status of this project and whether there are any prerequisite tasks for aspiring students.

Regards,
Vivek Kukreja
M.Tech CSE
IIT Dhanbad, India

Re: GSoC 2017: Project status for 'Improvements to IPv6 protocol'

Tom Henderson-2
On 02/05/2017 03:54 AM, vivek kukreja wrote:
> Hello developers,
>
> I am applying for GSoC this year as a student and i wanted to enquire
> whether the NS3 organisation has registered for the event.

Yes, we will learn whether we have been accepted on February 27.

> I've been working on Mobile IPv6 for my master's thesis and i would
> like to contribute to IPv6 under NS3. I also wanted to enquire about
> the status of this project and whether there are any prerequisite
> tasks for aspiring students.

We are still putting together project ideas in support of our
application, and they will be posted on this wiki page:
https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/GSOC2017Projects
but in general, improvements to the existing ns-3 models such as IPv6
are within scope, so long as we have a mentor for such projects.

Our guide for prospective students from the 2015 program is posted here:
https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/GSOC2015StudentGuide