GSoC 2017 Project Progress : ns-3 App Store

GSoC 2017 Project Progress : ns-3 App Store

Abhijith Anilkumar
Hello everyone,

This is the weekly update regarding my GSoC project.

Work done in the previous week : Finalized the frameworks to be used for
implementing the web applications. Initialized the project repository with
a basic skeleton project. Started the frontend design of the webpages.
Finished designing the homepage and other static elements. Currently
working on the design of the other pages. Along with this, the project was
set up in a remote VM which will be made public soon.

Work planned for next week : Finish the frontend design, start the backend
implementation of the project.

The code progress can be tracked in the Github repository, and the project
can be setup by following the Installation instructions. If you have any
questions or comments, please free to contact me or raise an issue in the
Github repository.

Code:
https://github.com/abhijithanilkumar/ns-3-AppStore

Regards,
Abhijith

Re: GSoC 2017 Project Progress : ns-3 App Store

Abhijith Anilkumar
Hello Everyone,

This is the Week 2 update regarding the App Store Project.

Work done in the previous week :
- DB Design
- Designed views for User-Workflow
- Integration with frontend
- Started integrating ElasticSearch

Work planned for next week :  Finish the Search integration,
Developer-Workflow and Maintainer-Workflow of the website and setup the
website in the VM.

Issues : Integration with ElasticSearch is taking more time that expected
as it requires clear definition of the search indices.

You can setup the repository locally by following the installation
instructions in the repository. If you have any questions or comments,
please feel free to contact me or raise an issue in the Github repository.

- Abhijith

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 1:07 AM Abhijith Anilkumar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> This is the weekly update regarding my GSoC project.
>
> Work done in the previous week : Finalized the frameworks to be used for
> implementing the web applications. Initialized the project repository with
> a basic skeleton project. Started the frontend design of the webpages.
> Finished designing the homepage and other static elements. Currently
> working on the design of the other pages. Along with this, the project was
> set up in a remote VM which will be made public soon.
>
> Work planned for next week : Finish the frontend design, start the backend
> implementation of the project.
>
> The code progress can be tracked in the Github repository, and the project
> can be setup by following the Installation instructions. If you have any
> questions or comments, please free to contact me or raise an issue in the
> Github repository.
>
> Code:
> https://github.com/abhijithanilkumar/ns-3-AppStore
>
> Regards,
> Abhijith

Re: GSoC 2017 Project Progress : ns-3 App Store

Abhijith Anilkumar
Hello Everyone,

This is the Week 3 update regarding the App Store Project.

Work done in the previous week :
- Integrated ElasticSearch (using App names)
- Designed views and forms for the Developer Workflow
- Designed views and forms for the Maintainer Workflow

Work planned for next week :
- Refine the ElasticSearch setup to support search using tags, author
names, etc.
- Complete the entire workflow of the website by modifying the frontend.
- Make the website accessible for developers (Phase-1 Milestone)

Issues faced :
- ElasticSearch with Django-Haystack has some bugs which limit partial-word
searching. This is still an open issue in the Django-Haystack repository.
- Nginx setup with Gunicorn on the VM has some issues associated with
SELinux.

Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated.

-Abhijith