Extension of the Call for Posters/Demos/WIPs: 2017 Workshop on ns-3

Extension of the Call for Posters/Demos/WIPs: 2017 Workshop on ns-3

Eric Gamess
Hi all,

For the Posters/Demos/WIPs session of WNS3 2017, we still have room for
more contributions. Hence, we have decided to leave the call open until
Saturday June 3rd.  We will provide review soon after receipt of the
proposal so that submitters can make traveling plans.

Best regards,
Brian Swenson and Eric Gamess
WNS3 TPC co-chairs

WNS3 invites your participation in the workshop with a poster presentation,
a demo presentation, or a short talk about work-in-progress.

Our goal is to create more opportunities for discussion in the workshop.
The scope for this call is similar to that of the CFP for the papers track
– topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

   - new models, devices, protocols and applications for ns-3
   - using ns-3 in modern networking research
   - comparison with other network simulators and emulators
   - speed and scalability issues for ns-3
   - multiprocessor and distributed simulation with ns-3, including the use
   of GPUs
   - validation of ns-3 models
   - credibility and reproducibility issues for ns-3 simulations
   - user experience issues of ns-3
   - frameworks for the definition and automation of ns-3 simulations
   - post-processing, visualization and statistical analysis tools for ns-3
   - models ported from other simulators to ns-3 and models ported from
   ns-3 to other simulation environments
   - using real code for simulation with ns-3 and using ns-3 code in
   network applications
   - integration of ns-3 with testbeds, emulators, and other simulators or
   tools
   - using ns-3 API from programming languages other than C++ or Python
   - porting ns-3 to unsupported platforms
   - network emulation with ns-3
   - using ns-3 in education and teaching

https://www.nsnam.org/overview/wns3/wns3-2017/call-for-poste
rs-demos-and-works-in-progress

Submission Instructions

To propose a poster presentation, a demo presentation, or a short talk
about work-in-progress, authors must submit a one or two-page extended
abstract in PDF format via *EMAIL to the Technical Program Co-Chairs listed
below*. Use the ACM “*SigConf*” proceedings format (http://www.acm.org/pub
lications/proceedings-templates
<http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template>).  The extended
abstract should include the basic idea, the scope, and significance of your
proposal.

For demonstrations, be as specific as possible in describing what you will
demonstrate. Include an estimate of the space, and setup time needed for
your demonstration. Also, provide information about any equipment that you
might need for the demonstration.

For WIP, specify an estimation of time needed for your short talk.

Accepted Posters/Demos/WIPs abstracts will be posted on the ns-3 web site
but will not be published in ACM digital libraries. At least one author of
each accepted poster/demo/WIP must register and present at the workshop.

Technical Program Co-Chairs

Eric Gamess ([hidden email])
Brian Swenson ([hidden email])

Important Dates Posters/Demos/WIPs extended deadline: Saturday June 3rd,
2017
Workshop date : June 13-14, 2017