Channel selection in AODV CRCN NS2

Muhammad Nadeem
Hi, I am currently working on a research project that is about best channel selection in Cognitive Radio ADOV. I have proposed a simple algorithm to select the best available channel in Cognitive Radio.
Now i am in implementation phase of the algorithm and implementing it using NS2.31.. By default this implantation of AODV CRCN uses channel 0 for Hello messages. I want to use channel 1 (just for experiment) for this purpose.. But when i change  channel index in "void AODV::sendHello()" (by using ch->channelindex_ = 1; , ch is struct hdr_cmn *ch = HDR_CMN(p);" it does not select channel 1, as I checked in "void AODV::recvHello(Packet *p)" by using "ch->channelindex_" command.

Can any one please help me in the regard?? How we can select our desired channel in AODV CRCN implementation of NS2??

Re: Channel selection in AODV CRCN NS2

igs3000
In AODV under CRCN-ns-2, the channel assignment is periodically done by ChannelAssignTimer and the best channel is assigned automatically with respect to the channel condition - that is what the intention of the implementation of cognitive radio.

You may read the following post for more details
http://www.projectguideline.com/topic/how-to-assing-a-prticular-channel-for-transmitting-a-particular-packet/

Charles Pandian,
ProjectGuideline.com