About project idea (User-friendlly internet-apps) and implentation of ping

About project idea (User-friendlly internet-apps) and implentation of ping

Shivam
hello,
Thanks for giving out reply to my previous message that i have sent to you.
   Now as you said i read the basics of ping from the wikipedia, and gone
through the man page of the ping application.
After that you have said that i should be implementing the code that is
written in the ns-3 about ping and go on implementing it on the few example
to check and feel how ping is actually working in the ns-3.
But I am not able to implement it in the examples ,I am not able to
transform the ping app from the code to the other examples . So can you
please guide me towards implementing the code of ping in the examples? I am
new to ns-3 so it's quite difficult for me to implement the code of ping in
the examples
Thanks
Shivam(India)

Re: About project idea (User-friendlly internet-apps) and implentation of ping

Tommaso Pecorella
Hi Shivam,

there are a few examples using Ping:
- examples/routing/rip-simple-network.cc
- examples/routing/ripng-simple-network.cc
just to name two of them.

The point of the project is that actually the Ping applications (for IPv4 and IPv6) are not easy to setup and use. Moreover, they don’t allow some of the functionalities found in the Linux counterparts.
I’d suggest to check how Ping applications work on the two above mentioned examples and how they work on Linux.

Cheers,

T.

> On 26 Mar 2017, at 14:32, Shivam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hello,
> Thanks for giving out reply to my previous message that i have sent to you.
>   Now as you said i read the basics of ping from the wikipedia, and gone
> through the man page of the ping application.
> After that you have said that i should be implementing the code that is
> written in the ns-3 about ping and go on implementing it on the few example
> to check and feel how ping is actually working in the ns-3.
> But I am not able to implement it in the examples ,I am not able to
> transform the ping app from the code to the other examples . So can you
> please guide me towards implementing the code of ping in the examples? I am
> new to ns-3 so it's quite difficult for me to implement the code of ping in
> the examples
> Thanks
> Shivam(India)

*** My POTS number is changed. Please update your records. ***

Thinking evolution:
 "To be is to do" - Socrates
 "To do is to be" - Sartre
 "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra