About cwnd_event equivalent in ns-3 TCP

Ankit Deepak
Hi all,

We're working on a modification of TCP whose implementation requires
"cwnd_event", similar to Linux congestion ops structure:
[image: Inline image 1]http://lxr.free-electrons.com/
source/include/net/tcp.h?v=2.6.32#L719

We are unable to map any method of current congestion ops interface to
this. Is this implemented in ns-3 somewhere else? If not, can we add it?

Thanks,
Ankit and Shravya

image.gif (1K) Download Attachment

Re: About cwnd_event equivalent in ns-3 TCP

Natale Patriciello
The interface of congestion control in ns-3 is defined in
tcp_congestion_ops.h. If such method is not implemented, you have to:

*) Add the interface in TcpCongestionOps class (pure virtual if it's
mandatory, otherwise with an empty body)
*) Add to TcpSocketBase the call to this new method
*) Implement it in your congestion control

Have a nice day!
Nat

> Hi all,
>
> We're working on a modification of TCP whose implementation requires
> "cwnd_event", similar to Linux congestion ops structure:
> [image: Inline image 1]http://lxr.free-electrons.com/
> source/include/net/tcp.h?v=2.6.32#L719
>
> We are unable to map any method of current congestion ops interface to
> this. Is this implemented in ns-3 somewhere else? If not, can we add it?
>
> Thanks,
> Ankit and Shravya

Re: About cwnd_event equivalent in ns-3 TCP

Ankit Deepak
Thank you Natale for your reply,

We will follow the suggested steps to add the interface.

Thanks,
Ankit

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Natale Patriciello <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The interface of congestion control in ns-3 is defined in
> tcp_congestion_ops.h. If such method is not implemented, you have to:
>
> *) Add the interface in TcpCongestionOps class (pure virtual if it's
> mandatory, otherwise with an empty body)
> *) Add to TcpSocketBase the call to this new method
> *) Implement it in your congestion control
>

> Have a nice day!
> Nat

>> Hi all,
>>
>> We're working on a modification of TCP whose implementation requires
>> "cwnd_event", similar to Linux congestion ops structure:
>> [image: Inline image 1]http://lxr.free-electrons.com/
>> source/include/net/tcp.h?v=2.6.32#L719
>>
>> We are unable to map any method of current congestion ops interface to
>> this. Is this implemented in ns-3 somewhere else? If not, can we add it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ankit and Shravya

Re: About cwnd_event equivalent in ns-3 TCP

Ankit Deepak
Hello Natale,

We have implemented the cwnd_event, and uploaded it at
https://codereview.appspot.com/314670043/. Please let me know what you
think about the changes.

Thanks,
Ankit